Sunday, July 31, 2011

Behavior Report

When students misbehave, provide an opportunity for them to reflect on their behavior. This can be accomplished by having them fill out a stop and think form, or behavior report
1. The first portion allows for the student to pick a specific behavior that was problematic.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/My-Behavior-Report-106599

2.The second section asks the student to express how they feel about this situation.
3.Third, students think about what actions need to be present in order to make a good choice.
4.On the back of the report, there are three sections for a written response from the student, teacher, and parent.
5.This form also requests that parents sign to confirm receipt. Students are then required to bring this form back to school the next school day.
6.The teacher can place the report in the student's file and have an easily accessible record of behavior incidents. Clipart by ThistleGirl Designs.

15 comments:

Melissa Williams said...

This is very good. Thank you for sharing this!
First Grade Frame of Mind

Brittany said...

I'm looking for a good way to let students self-reflect about behavior. Love your form! Thanks for sharing!
A Day in First Grade

Alicia Lochridge said...

Thanks for the love!! I hope it is useful to you. I typically help students fill out the form in the beginning of the year {hence the pictures on front}. But once the school year is rolling, students learn the procedure for reflecting on their own behavior.

Alicia

Anais said...

Hi,
I was excited to find your blog. I just started blogging this month and have been looking for other teachers from Vegas but I haven't found many. We have so much in common. I started teaching in 2002, I earned my BA from UNLV and my masters in literacy from NOVA. I was also a distinguished educator for my then region. I have taught first and second grade and worked for CPD as a reading coach. I am currently teaching first grade at Petersen PDS. See you around bloggy world:) Anais
First Grade Garden

Little Priorities said...

I've tried something like this before. I just need to be consistent with filling them out. Thanks for sharing.

Lori
Little Priorities

CancelBlogger said...

I LOVE this!!!! THANK YOU for sharing:)

Amanda said...

Love it!

kiwiblu216 said...

SUPER excited to use this!!

Pamela said...

Love it! Thanks for posting this. I will definitely be using it this year! Thanks again.

Lusine said...

Thank you for sharing!Classroom Management is the first thing I think about before each Academic Year!

diedra said...

These look wonderful, thanks for sharing. Diedra

Jessica said...

I have thought about creating a discipline reflection form for a few months, but I never found time to do it. I love your form. Did you create it yourself or did you get the idea from a colleague?

Jessica said...

Today, I used your behavior reports. Not only did it help the student reflect on their behavior, but it also helped me to see why the student is acting inappropriately. It was a good reflection for both of us. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing your hard work!

Anonymous said...

Wish I had had this earlier. I have had that "problem child" all year and finlly the child was diagnoised as OHI. This would have been a great way to hold him responsible for his actions and documentation for the SAT meetings. A spring board for all to understand the behavior.

Post a Comment