Thursday, June 12, 2014

Our Story: North Park Elementary School

I am happy to announce that I have been selected to serve as the assistant principal at North Park Elementary School in Radcliff, Kentucky!! “North Park's student population is comprised of preschool and kindergarten children from four elementary schools: Meadow View, Radcliff, Vine Grove, and Woodland located in the north end of Hardin County. North Park is the first Preschool/Kindergarten center of its kind in Hardin County. Their focus has been on teaching the Common Core Standards utilizing Thoughtful Education strategies, Math Solutions, the Literacy First process, Early Numeracy Strategies, PBIS, and MAP data analysis. North Park E.S. strives to meet the needs of all students through the use of flexible small grouping, differentiated instruction, MAP assessment, high-order questioning and engagement strategies. They have worked hard to develop quality rigorous instruction to prepare students for a successful transition to elementary school and a strong foundation needed for life.” Comprehensive School Improvement Plan (CSIP), North Park Elementary School 2013-2014 

I was an educator before I became an administrator. I went into teaching because I have something built into me that enjoys seeing others succeed. Being an administrator is like being a teacher. I nourish, enrich, guide, and support teachers. I help teachers become better. Just as my students grew and I was ecstatic when they finally understood a concept, teachers grow under an effective administrator’s supervision. As an administrator, I visit classrooms regularly, provide feedback for teachers, introduce initiatives, stimulate teachers, create a culture of high expectations and caring, and facilitate shared decision-making. With guidance, lessons become more organized, instructional strategies more dynamic, and students more engaged. Being an administrator requires many skills. It takes organization, flexibility, and endurance. It takes knowledge, people skills, and vision. Being an administrator requires lots of decision-making skills. But most of all, it takes a strong desire to make a difference. I am an educator first and an administrator second. There's something energizing about being part of a community, knowing the parents and the children, and realizing that your connections count. I spent many years building my repertoire as a teacher, mentor, and leader. Being an administrator is a great place to wrap all of those talents together. It is the most difficult job I have ever enjoyed doing! 

As an educator and administrator in Las Vegas, Nevada, I have extensive experience in identifying challenges related to student achievement, and developing plans to improve results through staff development and data collection. This experience has prepared me to welcome the challenge of continuing a site’s academic achievement and growth. I can’t wait to support North Park Elementary School to further promote their positive school culture, student growth, and achievement. The mission of North Park Elementary is to provide a safe, secure and nurturing environment in which students form a foundation for life-long learning. Together we will nurture the potential in every student. I have been working hard for this moment. I love Kentucky and all that is has to offer. I can’t wait to serve the students of Hardin County!

4 comments:

Miss Kindergarten said...

How exciting!!! Wishing you the best on your new journey!

Mark Thomas said...

Woo hoo!!! Yeay for you! This will be an awesome experience. I look forward to hearing all about this adventure.

Linda said...

Congrats on your new position! Wish you the best!

Linda
Down the Learning Road

Di Crawford said...

I'm so excited for you ~ but even more exited for the people with whom you'll be working. They're in for an experience of a lifetime. You're working with my favorite age; they're little sponges full of hugs, love and wonder.

Post a Comment