Tuesday, March 15, 2011

5 in a Row: Dolch Phrases Game

Did you know that 50 to 75 percent of all words in text material are common words that are repeated? These 220 words are called the Dolch Sight Words. Because these words are used to hold thoughts together, these words must be recognized at a glance before a child can read with confidence. However, learning Dolch sight words in isolation is not as effective as learning them in context. Reading phrases allows children to learn how to train their eyes to take in more than one word at a time. Check out my new game called 5 in Row: Dolch Phrases. Not only is a great game to use during center time...but it's free! {Click here}


7 comments:

Oceans of First Grade Fun said...

Thanks!
This is great!
Ms. A
Oceans of First Grade Fun

iPadding Along said...

Thanks for the heads up on your blog and this game. I know my kids will love this.
Peggy at 1st Grade Learning Stars!

dbturner said...

Thanks so much! I love FREE!

Sharon said...

This will be perfect for my class. Thanks for creating and sharing it!

Libby said...

Great ideas, I forgot about sight phrases, thanks!

Melissa said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing=)
F is For First Grade

Tanya said...

I just came across your blog. I love the 5 in a row game. I work on Dolch phrases a lot. This will be a welcome new activity for my firsties.

Tanya
http://firstgradeisfantabulous.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment