Saturday, March 19, 2011

Reading Comprehension Strategies Posters

At this point in the school year, many of my first graders are starting to place less emphasis on identifying words and more emphasis on understanding what they read. To further my students' success, I am going to really start emphasizing and encouraging the use of various comprehension strategies. 

The same colleague that shared the word attack decoding posters with me also passed along the idea of these cute reading comprehension strategies posters.

While these posters won't be appropriate for all levels of learners in my class, they will definitely promote the concept that good readers use comprehension strategies to make sure they understand what they are reading. 

Head on over to my {TPT store} for your own set. Graphics by Scrappin Doodles.

2 comments:

♥ Owl in a Vowel Tree ♥ said...

I am so happy I found your blog. It's lovely! Thank you for sharing your Comprehension Posters. I love it and cant wait to use it! :)

Jodi said...

These are super cute!

Jodi
www.fun-in-first.blogspot.com

Post a Comment